ErgData with Android 12 bug?

Post bug reports or anomolous operation here
ajmullican
Paddler

ErgData with Android 12 bug?

Post by ajmullican » January 13th, 2022, 8:15 pm

Does anyone know if ErgData has a bug with Android 12?

I've always considered ErgData rock-solid and enjoyed seeing the extra data and the ability to sync with my logbook easily.

Today, during a 500m interval workout, ErgData disconnected a couple of times then reconnected. When it started again the last time, it reset to interval 0.

When I looked in my PM5 memory there was only one 500m workout, not the 9 I had done! I could only conclude that this happened because I was using my new Pixel 6, which had recently updated to Android 12. I have seen one of my game apps exit randomly after the update to Android 12 which leads me to conclude that some apps have issues with the update.

Is this a known issue with ErgData? I will revert to using ErgData on my old Pixel 2, and update this post if I see the same issue.

Citroen
SpamTeam

Re: ErgData with Android 12 bug?

Post by Citroen » January 14th, 2022, 6:20 pm

Send an email to rowing@concept2.com with details of your phone model, PM5 firmware version and how to recreate your failure.

Carl Watts
Half Marathon Poster

Post by Carl Watts » January 14th, 2022, 6:42 pm

I doesn't often pay to jump to the next version of an OS if your not having any trouble with the current version.

I'm still using Android 8 to 11 on various devices and no issues at all.

Have you got the latest version of firmware on the PM5 ? There has recently been 2 updates.
Carl Watts.
Concept 2 Monitor Service Technician & indoor rower.
http://log.concept2.com/profile/863525/log

ajmullican
Paddler

Post by ajmullican » January 18th, 2022, 10:21 pm

Yes I have updated my PM5 firmware to the most recent.

After posting this I read something else about ErgData and "location while app is in use" issues. I realized that maybe the problem is that I switched over to Spotify a couple of times on my phone. The problem didn't happen right away when I did that so I didn't connect the events.

I tried to update the phone setting to "location always" for ErgData but it isn't an option, surprisingly. It is for some apps but not ErgData.