Deleting data from Erg Data deleted online entries

Post bug reports or anomolous operation here
nika01
Paddler

Deleting data from Erg Data deleted online entries

Post by nika01 » December 20th, 2015, 4:18 pm

When did Ergdata get the ability to delete files from the online logbook? I just lost 800k meters thanks to this. I hope C2 can restore my data

Citroen
SpamTeam

Re: Deleting data from Erg Data deleted online entries

Post by Citroen » December 20th, 2015, 4:42 pm

You'll need to send an email to ranking@concept2.com for that. Then stick two pencils up your nose, cross fingers, turn round three times and say "Wibble".

Post the video of that one on YT.

nika01
Paddler

Post by nika01 » December 20th, 2015, 4:47 pm

Did you know ErgData had acquired the ability to delete online logbook workouts?

Carl Watts
Marathon Poster

Post by Carl Watts » December 20th, 2015, 5:03 pm

One would hope that all forms of LogBook including the new one in RowPro actually "Synchronize" so you get exactly the same on your Logbook as the C2 Logbook or there is no point in having any form of Automatic upload.

The question would be why would you delete 800k from your ErgData Logbook ? or have I got this wrong ?

The idea is that you only delete the odd row you didn't want like when you had a false start or wanted to delete like 10m or so, otherwise you wouldn't delete anything.
Carl Watts.
Concept 2 Monitor Service Technician & indoor rower.
http://log.concept2.com/profile/863525/log

Citroen
SpamTeam

Post by Citroen » December 20th, 2015, 5:13 pm

nika01 wrote:Did you know ErgData had acquired the ability to delete online logbook workouts?
I've never even contemplated running ErgData (if I did it would be the Android version anyway).

nika01
Paddler

Post by nika01 » December 20th, 2015, 5:19 pm

Well, it didn't used to behave in this manner. I look at Ergdata as a scratchpad, not a logbook. I expect the online log to stand by itself, where you can add to it from Ergdata, but certainly not delete things. There are any number of reasons why this is a bad idea. Would you want something as flaky as a cell phone having the ability to screw up your entire log if something goes wrong? I just hope C2 can fix the mess I unknowingly created.

nika01
Paddler

Post by nika01 » December 20th, 2015, 5:56 pm

Furthermore, it whacked data for the 2014 season, which I assumed would be closed. Guess not. This reminds me of the ridiculous way Apple used to handle syncing. At least they allowed you to opt out screwing up your library. I'm sorry, but this is a terrible idea to allow this two way syncing. If I can screw up my log, I'm sure others will do the same.

Carl Watts
Marathon Poster

Post by Carl Watts » December 20th, 2015, 6:55 pm

May be more to do with the recent changes in the new Concept 2 Logbook than the Ergdata App ?

The C2 Logbook is in the process of a complete overhaul and unfortunately it was cocking up the core stuff that people were using everyday instead of adding a lot of real useful long overdue logical improvements.

Just now waiting for the big jump to RowPro V5 with a couple more tweaks and next season will be good to go.

Don't think synchronization is a bad thing, it has to be the way to go if done properly. There is more than one reason I don't use Apple products, they drive me nuts every time I try to use one.
Carl Watts.

lcantey
1k Poster

Post by lcantey » December 21st, 2015, 2:43 am

nika01 wrote:Did you know ErgData had acquired the ability to delete online logbook workouts?
I jut tried deleting a row that I had synchronized to the log from ErgData and then resynchronized with no loss of data.

lcantey
1k Poster

Post by lcantey » December 21st, 2015, 2:46 am

Carl Watts wrote:There is more than one reason I don't use Apple products, they drive me nuts every time I try to use one.
I've developed shrink wrap commercial software for Windows for 25 years and I use Apple products. Let's not go there since it just turns into personal preference.

Carl Watts
Marathon Poster

Post by Carl Watts » December 21st, 2015, 6:30 pm

True but I prefer devices that actually work
Carl Watts.