PM5 Lost workouts

Post bug reports or anomolous operation here
TheInsideMan
Paddler

PM5 Lost workouts

Post by TheInsideMan » December 3rd, 2014, 4:40 pm

All my PM5 USB workouts have disappeared.

After finishing a workout on Model D this morning a message appeared on PM5 saying the USB drive was full and that it would store the workout on the monitor locally.

So I plugged the USB drive into my Mac and launched the Concept2 Utility... a popup appeared asking me to install version 6.8. I installed the new version and proceeded to backup my workouts to the online log only no workouts are appearing.

I put the USB drive back into the PM5 monitor and its now blank... with no workouts listed.

Im very worried that I may have lost months of workouts. Can someone please inform me how I might retrieve my logs.

I'd just like to add that I consider myself quite technically savvy (Im a software developer) and am horrified that my data could be lost without any warnings. I will be very disappointed with Concept2 if issue like this continue as so far I have been far from impressed with the PM5.

Citroen
SpamTeam

Re: PM5 Lost workouts

Post by Citroen » December 3rd, 2014, 7:09 pm

There's clearly a hardware fault on the USB stick. You have, very likely, lost all of your data. Have you tried inserting it directly into your Laptop (not in the PM5) and checking the status of the filesystem?

With the old PM3/PM4 logcards you could, easily, get a full year's worth of workouts in 32KB of data. With a 4GB USB stick you should be able to easily store 100s of years of data. It's just a stock USB stick formatted as a single FAT16 or FAT32 partition.

Best bet is to pick up the phone and call Concept2 UK or Indoor Sport Services (whichever one you bought it from) and moan at them they may have a quality issue with cheapo/crappo USB sticks.

Wombat_rows
Paddler

Post by Wombat_rows » December 8th, 2014, 4:14 pm

I had the same thing happen to me just now? Same message as you got. I have lost all data off the usb card. This is the card that came with the rower, not a 3rd party add on?? It recognises the user on the card, but there is no data at all.

Anyone have any suggestions, this is not good!!

Citroen
SpamTeam

Post by Citroen » December 8th, 2014, 5:16 pm

Pick up the phone call Concept2 at 1-800 245 5676

ChrisPBacon
500m Poster

Post by ChrisPBacon » December 8th, 2014, 5:25 pm

My PM5 has been a little buggy since I got it.

The black original USB stick I could only get to work if I held it. When I let go, it stopped. Using another USB stick has been working well although I did get one error code related to memory storage after a workout but everything saved OK.

The most annoying thing has been the screen freezing during my "just row" warmups. Had this happen 4 times now. I have to wait for it to power off to resolve. It has not happened during "select workouts".
199 cm, 99 kg, 47 yrs, started rowing 11/2014

c2scott
2k Poster

Post by c2scott » December 11th, 2014, 10:51 am

Let me guess, on Force curve screen. If your monitor freezes on the force curve screen, update to firmware 16.

ChrisPBacon
500m Poster

Post by ChrisPBacon » December 11th, 2014, 2:56 pm

Yes, I do my warmups on the force curve screen. Will update tonight.

Thanks.
199 cm, 99 kg, 47 yrs, started rowing 11/2014

Tim Raschko
Paddler

Post by Tim Raschko » December 19th, 2014, 8:49 pm

My PM5 froze today for the first time. It was on the force curve screen. What confuses me is that the Concept2 site states that firmware version 15 is the most recent, so how did you update to 16?

By the way, I'm new here, bought my rower a month ago, and love it. Have learned a lot from the forums, so thank you all.

Citroen
SpamTeam

Post by Citroen » December 19th, 2014, 9:08 pm

V15 is the latest that's currently generally available.

Stefankinell
Paddler

Post by Stefankinell » February 3rd, 2015, 5:48 pm

Hi,
I don't know if it helps to say, or if anyone from Concept2 is reading this, but I experienced exactly ythe same thing a few days ago.

News Skier, PM5, firmware 716, Concept2 provided USB.

Tried to recover data on the stick, but it was very empty...

//Stefan
Skierg, wall mounted v2.
PM5 with FW 719
Swix triac cork handles and triac 2.0 straps instead of the green original handles

Stefankinell
Paddler

Post by Stefankinell » February 3rd, 2015, 5:55 pm

Hi
I had the same experience the other day. Using firmware 716 and Concept2 USB stick that was provided with the Skierg. Tried to recover data on the computer without any luck. Don't know if these threads are read by someone at the development team of concept2 who would be interested in reading this :?

//Stefan
Skierg, wall mounted v2.
PM5 with FW 719
Swix triac cork handles and triac 2.0 straps instead of the green original handles

lcantey
1k Poster

Post by lcantey » February 4th, 2015, 12:41 am

I'd just get a new USB stick. My rower I received early January didn't even come with one.

c2jonw
6k Poster

Post by c2jonw » February 4th, 2015, 8:57 am

Version 17 and 717 is now available. This addresses many of the issues we've seen regarding USB use, power consumption and other problems. You may still want to try a different USB stick if there are further problems. C2JonW
72 year old grandpa living in Waterbury Center, Vermont, USA
Concept2 employee 1980-2018! and what a long, strange trip it's been......

Stefankinell
Paddler

Post by Stefankinell » February 4th, 2015, 9:12 am

Cool, time to upgrade to 716 today then and see what is working better than with 716! :!:

Is the details of what is addressed in the new releases available somewhere? I also had some issues with data, e.g. watt and s/m, not being captured on my Garmin 310Xt that I had connected to the PM5. I read other referring to them being able to capture this kind of data, but I could not find any specification on how I would expect this to work, and thus not sure if it was a bug or a expected lack of feature...

Thanks
Stefan
Skierg, wall mounted v2.
PM5 with FW 719

Stefankinell
Paddler

Post by Stefankinell » February 4th, 2015, 2:30 pm

Stefankinell wrote:Cool, time to upgrade to 716 today then and see what is working better than with 716! :!:
Haha, obviously my first posts on this forum is not going very well. First a double post since I did not realize they had to be approved before they show up. Then my typo above, since I did not find a way to edit my post... Obviously I'm upgrading to 717 from 716, not to 716 from 716...

Release notes would be interesting anyhow!

//Stefan
Skierg, wall mounted v2.
PM5 with FW 719