For anyone who wants to write rowing software

Maintenance, accessories, operation. Anything to do with making your erg work.
Chris Brett
500m Poster

For anyone who wants to write rowing software

Post by Chris Brett » January 15th, 2008, 1:27 pm

The Performance Monitor Interface is designed to make developing software for use with Concept2 rowing machines as easy as possible. Its free and comes with its own easy to use manual.

See http://www.concept2.co.uk/software/pmi.php for more information.

PMI News Update.

The PMI Beta Release has now passed 300 downloads.

New developments including a fully operational web site with PMI examples(at last) are in the wings for the near future so please post any bugs and problems encountered here ASAP.

The only repeat bug reported at present is the Rich Text Box Control installation problem that is resolved by the solution described earlier in the

http://www.concept2.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... sc&start=0

topic. This problem is in fact nothing to do with the PMI itself but simply the way the license agreement is displayed. This issue will also be resolved very shortly.

If you want a PMI bug resolved then post your request now! I can't believe that a piece of code this large has only one bug.

Also if anyone else has any anecdotal evidence of how the PMI has saved them time, or and even money. I would greatly appreciate your comments. A big thank you to those who have already contributed.

Regards and happy & EASY programming

Chris

Snail Space
2k Poster

Re: For anyone who wants to write rowing software

Post by Snail Space » January 16th, 2008, 12:47 pm

Chris Brett wrote:happy & EASY programming
EASY is the word, Chris.
If anyone has refrained from trying it because they can't program, then think again - it really is easy. I'm not a programmer but I've produced something that is useful to my own training, and I'm starting to use it to collect data from the kids at the school rowing club that I help out with.

I used it last night to collect stroke-by stroke data from one of the boys doing a 40' steady state piece. I emailed the file to him in the evening, and now they all want a go!

Go on, try it for yourself.

Cheers
Dave

Birkyboy
Paddler

Post by Birkyboy » February 2nd, 2008, 6:03 am

Of course - It is The Weekend so UK C2 Web Pages are Down, Again.
Been Away from Exercise and Good Habits for over a Year.
Trying to come back but it hurts.
2:30 Pace on 10k is hard, hard hard.
September 2013 - Onward, Fingers Crossed.

Chris Brett
500m Poster

Post by Chris Brett » February 2nd, 2008, 11:36 am

BirkyBoy

If you are having difficulty downloading the PMI then drop me a PM with your E-Mail and I will make sure you get a download.

Cheers Chris