The New guy question

Maintenance, accessories, operation. Anything to do with making your erg work.
Eduardo_B
Paddler

The New guy question

Post by Eduardo_B » July 3rd, 2024, 1:36 am

Hello from Perth Australia.

I have a Model D with PM3, firmware is 322. I do have a log card in the PM3
I'm using Ergdata PM3/4 App on my Samsung A14 phone, connected via the USB cable (from Concept2) No dropouts when using.

The problem I'm having is my workouts are recorded on the PM3 / Logcard and I'm using Ergdata, but when my workouts are finished, even though I Sync through the Ergdata app nothing is sent to my online log. Even though the App states it is sending 1 workout. Nothing arrives.

My log on details in Ergdata are corrected as I can use the "View your Concept 2 online Logbook" and it takes me to my online log.

If I want my online log to be updated, I have to use my Laptop, USB cable and Concept 2 Utilities to interrogate the PM3 . Which is a pain the bum.
This in turn updates Strava.

Is this something I have to live with using old Ergdata app?

So bottom line, Ergdata is not syncing my workouts to online log. My laptop is successfully doing it via the utility app.

Regards

Eddie

Eduardo_B
Paddler

Re: The New guy question

Post by Eduardo_B » July 3rd, 2024, 4:12 am

Afternoon All,

Typical, no sooner had I posted this question, I rejigged my search parameters and keywords. I have solved it.

Remove the logcard from the PM3 and it syncs ok to my online log.

So there you go.

Cheers

Eddie

p.s. Hello all.

MPx
10k Poster

Post by MPx » July 3rd, 2024, 11:50 am

Welcome and well found! There has always been an issue where if you have Log card (PM3/4) or USB stick (PM5) inserted in the machine as well as an Ergdata link then there is the potential for the software to loose track of what its saving where and stuff can get lost. C2 are open about that and just say its not supported - choose one or the other. The real problem can come because sometimes it does work so people think it always should. It doesn't! FWIW all my training is via Ergdata and all sychs to my log on its own. But as a belt and braces type, I also manually move the workouts from the PM to USB stick every week or two as a personal backup - to add to all the old cards I've got from PM3 days. Completely pointless really(!) but some of us were burned a few years back when our carefully maintained "training blogs" disappeared overnight without warning when the UK forum was suddenly shut down.
Mike - 67 HWT 183

eurocrank
Paddler

Post by eurocrank » July 4th, 2024, 3:10 pm

Today (4 July 2024) I had the same issue as first posted: my ErgData app did not upload my PM5 data from today's workout. I did everything as I've done from the time I started using ErgData two years ago. The app was in sync with the monitor throughout my workout. I pressed MENU at the end of my workout, which saves my data online. But my most recent online data was still from 24 June 2024.

Caveats:
1. I was out of town for nine days and did not row during that time. No one used my rower during that time.
2. A popup about changing template individual screens came up when I first connected the app to my PM5. I swiped the popup away.

This has never happened before, and I've used the app for about 650 workouts.