problems with new log card

Maintenance, accessories, operation. Anything to do with making your erg work.
seat5
2k Poster

problems with new log card

Post by seat5 » May 5th, 2006, 7:41 pm

My boss is just starting with her C2 (she got one left over from the CrashBs) and after we put the log card in, it formatted, and we put in her name and made the date and time correct. But after you row, it still says your lifetime meters are 0 and nothing shows up under workouts listed in any way.

Anyone have any idea what's wrong? I called C2 and that's when we realized we had to fix the date and time. Is there another magic step we are missing?
Carla Stein--F 47 HWT

[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1193870739.png[/img]

whp4
6k Poster

Post by whp4 » May 5th, 2006, 8:16 pm

You might want to check the PM3 memory and see if the workouts got logged there instead for some reason.

Bill

Citroen
SpamTeam

Re: problems with new log card

Post by Citroen » May 6th, 2006, 3:41 pm

seat5 wrote: Anyone have any idea what's wrong? I called C2 and that's when we realized we had to fix the date and time. Is there another magic step we are missing?
Upgrade the firmware on the PM3 to V94beta build 10. The V94 version of the firmware plays better with the logcard (it also includes the fish game and the fix for the date/time problems).

http://www.concept2.com/05/rower/servic ... wnload.asp

I also had to use the LogCard utility to re-format my logcard to get over the problems caused by V61 and V82 of the firmware.
http://www.concept2.com/05/rower/service/pm3_issues.asp

seat5
2k Poster

Post by seat5 » May 6th, 2006, 7:13 pm

I wouldn't think it would need new firmware, since it was a brand new Model D that was used at CrashB's. Wouldn't that be the latest version out?
Carla Stein--F 47 HWT

[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1193870739.png[/img]

Sasha
500m Poster

Post by Sasha » May 6th, 2006, 7:56 pm

If I just remove the log card at the end of a row it won't record. If I click back to the log card then remove it, it records nicely.
First row 3/13/06

Citroen
SpamTeam

Post by Citroen » May 7th, 2006, 3:26 am

seat5 wrote:I wouldn't think it would need new firmware, since it was a brand new Model D that was used at CrashB's. Wouldn't that be the latest version out?
Install the beta - as a bonus you'll get the ><> fish game <>< . A machine from CRASH-Bs would only have V90.

c2jonw
6k Poster

Post by c2jonw » May 10th, 2006, 1:47 pm

Anytime my log card does anything unusual I clean the gold contact area (the gold square in the middle of the insertion arrow) with a bit of water and a clean cloth. Usually solves the problem. C2JonW
72 year old grandpa living in Waterbury Center, Vermont, USA
Concept2 employee 1980-2018! and what a long, strange trip it's been......

foolsquirrel
Paddler

Post by foolsquirrel » May 12th, 2006, 11:14 am

I just found out yesterday that, besides the 5 model C's, there are also 3 model D's with PM3's hidden in the weights section of my gym (where I never dared to go in :oops:). So I'm hoping that I can order a logcard and use it on the gym machines to keep a more detailed account of my workouts. But this thread got me concerned. Should I check the firmware version (and how?) on the PM3's before I get the logcard?

Citroen
SpamTeam

Post by Citroen » May 13th, 2006, 5:37 am

c2jonw wrote:Anytime my log card does anything unusual I clean the gold contact area (the gold square in the middle of the insertion arrow) with a bit of water and a clean cloth. Usually solves the problem. C2JonW
I use a pencil eraser to clean the contacts. (I don't like using water with electronics after a bad experience with a Dell laptop and a cup of coffee with milk and sugar).
Dougie Lawson
61yrs, 172cm, Almost LWt (in my dreams).
Twitter: @DougieLawson

Sasha
500m Poster

Post by Sasha » May 13th, 2006, 8:08 am

Water is fine on the log card.

But you must take a l o t of sugar in your coffee. My keyboard (Dell laptop at the moment) has survived coffee, coca-cola, and all manner of other liquid refreshment. The only way I have ever killed a keyboard is with orange juice. Unfortunately I've done that three times. Slow learner.
First row 3/13/06

Bob S.
Marathon Poster

Post by Bob S. » May 13th, 2006, 10:33 am

Sasha wrote:Water is fine on the log card.

But you must take a l o t of sugar in your coffee. My keyboard (Dell laptop at the moment) has survived coffee, coca-cola, and all manner of other liquid refreshment. The only way I have ever killed a keyboard is with orange juice. Unfortunately I've done that three times. Slow learner.
Egad! Why would anyone in their right mind ever allow a drink within six feet of a computer? I know - the image of a supposedly usual computer user always shows a G.D. steaming cup of coffee at hand. Even the time passing icon is often a steaming cup. Personally, I squawk if anyone even brings a drink into the room where we have our computers. Somehow it all seems to have a sinister mystique involving microsoft/Seattle/Starbucks/etc.

Being of a suspicious nature, I am inclined to believe that the habit of using coffee at the computer is the result of a plot by keyboard manufacturers.

Bob S.

c2scott
2k Poster

Post by c2scott » May 13th, 2006, 12:11 pm

To answer a few questions here:
1) Yes, not a bad idea to check the firmware of ergs in a Gym, and if out of date ask if they or you can update the firmware (just need a laptop and download the stuff from our web site).
2) Ver 90 is fine for 99% of customers. There is one logcard related bug where it might log a variable interval workout to (todays date+1), but it records OK.
3) Back to Seat5's question: If it came from CrashB, then it has Ver 90 firmware and should be fine. Pull out the LogCard and see if the workouts are in memory. If there, then insert the LogCard and copy them to the LogCard using the menus. Possible reasons it did not log to the card: 1) Just row less than a minute does not get logged; 2) Just row, you must hit menu/back to make it "Save". If you pull the card out before you hit menu/back, it'll put it in memory.

If you're still having difficulty, please contact Concept2 for support.

-- Scott