problem with pm3/usb connector?

Maintenance, accessories, operation. Anything to do with making your erg work.
sledgehammer
2k Poster

problem with pm3/usb connector?

Post by sledgehammer » May 11th, 2006, 9:52 am

The female USB connector port on my PM3 has begun to fail. I first noticed this when I lost connection between Rowpro and the PM3 a few days ago. The PM3 appeared to work fine but Rowpro wasn't getting any data.

After completing a variety of diagnostic tests (reloading Rowpro, testing the USB port on my computer with other USB devices, changing the PM3 batteries and rebooting it, changing the USB cable), I loaded a USB monitor on my computer to watch the data coming across the USB connection. I found that the monitor couldn't see the PM3 unless I wiggled the USB cable connector (PM3 end) and got it into just the right position. Then data flowed, and everything seemed OK.

So I'm thinking that the female connector on the PM3 has loosened up.

Has anyone run into this problem. Is there anyway to tighten the female side of the USB connector on the PM3? I might be able to use rubber bands to hold the cable in the correct position, but that seems inelegant, and doomed to fail in the middle of a piece.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Ernie

holm188
Paddler

Post by holm188 » May 11th, 2006, 10:33 am

The connector of my PM3 broke off and C2 replaced the PM3. You can try to open the PM3 and see if the connector is still well attached to the board.

sledgehammer
2k Poster

great customer service !

Post by sledgehammer » May 11th, 2006, 1:01 pm

Thanks Holm. I just got an email from C2. They also suspect a bad connector. They are sending a new PM3 along with a label to ship the old one back to them.

What great customer service!! Thanks C2.

Ernie