Looking for used RowErg & BikeErg

Maintenance, accessories, operation. Anything to do with making your erg work.
harajora
Paddler

Looking for used RowErg & BikeErg

Post by harajora » October 19th, 2024, 6:30 pm

hello, Any one selling their equipment? I am looking for used (less than 2 yrs old) RowErg & BikeErg near Austin, TX.

blutow
Paddler

Re: Looking for used RowErg & BikeErg

Post by blutow » October 20th, 2024, 7:44 pm

I'm near Austin and was recently looking for a used Rowerg. Several model D's out there now on facebook and craigslist. There were a couple newer "RowErg" models posted a couple weeks ago, but it looks like they are gone now. If you are looking at one still under the 2 year warranty period that covers electronics, I found those tough to find. I was ready to buy an older Model D, but then stumbled across a 5 month old RowErg on Facebook while traveling in Arkansas last week. Honestly, I wouldn't hesitate to buy an older Model D in good condition and I wouldn't pay too much premium for a RowErg under warranty (parts are pretty cheap if you have an issue). My understanding is that a model D with PM5 is pretty much the same as a RowErg (some variations in the PM5 over time). Anyways, just figured I'd share my perspective, happy hunting.

harajora
Paddler

Post by harajora » October 20th, 2024, 8:12 pm

thank you. you are right. I couldn't find any under warranty rowergs near by. I will take your advice and get an older model.
any suggestions on bikeerg. can't find any.

blutow
Paddler

Post by blutow » October 20th, 2024, 8:41 pm

harajora wrote:
October 20th, 2024, 8:12 pm
any suggestions on bikeerg. can't find any.
I was never really looking for one and don't know much about them, but suspect they are way, way less common. I'm not saying it's a bad (or good) machine, just not the ubiquitous standard that the rowerg is. Good luck.