PM5 spiky stroke rate

Maintenance, accessories, operation. Anything to do with making your erg work.
Cyclist2
10k Poster

Re: PM5 spiky stroke rate

Post by Cyclist2 » September 11th, 2023, 2:07 pm

Cyclist2 wrote:
September 9th, 2023, 12:31 pm
This discussion over whether it is the right monitor, whether is it the latest version, and whether I have it set correctly is over.
Not an hour after that post, I get an email from C2 saying there is a beta version that cures the glitches with an attached .7z file. I verified this morning that it wasn't a bogus email, and loaded it onto the PM5 per their instructions.

First 2 minute test piece (before I disassemble and reassemble the monitor arms yet again) looked good. I now have firmware Version 257, Beta build 7 installed.

Obviously, there are more customers like me out there, just not part of this forum. I apologize for my frustration-induced previous post.
Mark Underwood. Rower first, cyclist too.

jmillett
Paddler

Post by jmillett » September 28th, 2023, 11:03 am

Cyclist2:

I have the exact same issue. Just upgraded my Model C with a PM5 this morning and saw the spike issue in my first interval workout. In a 4-minute interval, I could see 10-20 spikes in the worst cases. A few weeks ago, I experienced the same exact issue when I used a newer rower with a PM5 in a hotel gym, so I figured it was just a PM5 issue. The firmware update seems like a promising solution! Please post again if you think it was a permanent solution and I'll pursue obtaining that firmware from C2. Thanks!

Cyclist2
10k Poster

Post by Cyclist2 » September 28th, 2023, 10:39 pm

jmillett wrote:
September 28th, 2023, 11:03 am
Please post again if you think it was a permanent solution and I'll pursue obtaining that firmware from C2.
So far, so good. I've done several workouts and haven't had any spikes, even sporadic. Can't say it's "permanent" for a few more years :lol:

Yes, I recommend you contact C2 and ask for the link to the beta version and instructions on how to install it. I'd give it to you but I've deleted that email, sorry.
Mark Underwood. Rower first, cyclist too.

jmillett
Paddler

Post by jmillett » September 29th, 2023, 3:58 pm

Thanks! I will do that! I tried removing the flywheel and cleaning off the magnets and sensor, but I still got spikes in the first 500 m of my next row. Appreciate your help.