Weight adjusted times on ErgData disappeared?

Maintenance, accessories, operation. Anything to do with making your erg work.
Hangar18
Paddler

Weight adjusted times on ErgData disappeared?

Post by Hangar18 » September 23rd, 2022, 5:04 am

Hi all, is it just me or has the last ErgData update removed the weighted adjusted splits? I’ve searched everywhere but can’t seem to restore them. The old version you could click on a workout on the app, and there would be a weight adjusted option.

jackarabit
Marathon Poster

Re: Weight adjusted times on ErgData disappeared?

Post by jackarabit » September 23rd, 2022, 8:04 am

Esoterica only unless you are a crew coach concerned with ratio of collective power to hull displacement produced by collective weight of prospective crew. It is never used as a handicapping formula for lwt ergers.
There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

M_77_5'-7"_156lb

Hangar18
Paddler

Post by Hangar18 » September 23rd, 2022, 11:02 pm

I’m not interested in whether others use it for handicapping just whether or not it has disappeared from the latest update. I liked it for personal reasons not least because it provides a basis of comparison albeit imperfect. Can anyone confirm if the latest version of ErgData has in fact forever removed it?

JaapvanE
10k Poster

Post by JaapvanE » September 24th, 2022, 3:01 am

I would contact C2, they are quite responsive and if it is gone, you might get it back.

Joebasscat
2k Poster

Post by Joebasscat » September 24th, 2022, 7:55 am

Yes, my memory is that I have not seen that option since the major update.
65 5’-11” 72.5 kg

Tsnor
10k Poster

Post by Tsnor » September 24th, 2022, 11:11 am

I'm still on the old ergdata (kindle ecosystem didn't get updated) so can't verify weight adjust is gone in the new one.

You likely already know that there is an online calculator if you want to spot check a few results for comparison: https://www.concept2.com/indoor-rowers/ ... calculator

Or you can build a spreadsheet with the formula on the bottom of the calculator page:

Here are the formulas used, in case you want to do the calculation when you are away from a computer:
Wf = [body weight in lbs / 270] raised to the power .222
Corrected time = Wf x actual time (seconds)
Corrected distance = actual distance / Wf

Unless you change your weight (for the calculation) often, you can compute the [body weight in lbs / 270] raised to the power .222 once and just use it as a scaling factor.

Hangar18
Paddler

Post by Hangar18 » September 24th, 2022, 10:20 pm

Thanks guys…think I’ll reinstall the old one if that’s possible. It’s just nice to have that feature there on tap rather than manually calculate it each time.

edward.jamer
500m Poster

Post by edward.jamer » September 25th, 2022, 9:29 am

JaapvanE wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 3:01 am
I would contact C2, they are quite responsive and if it is gone, you might get it back.
Reverting to the old app is a fine idea, but I agree that you should ping support about it if you miss the feature... Getting it restored in the new app will "future proof" you, and if you are missing it then there might be others in the same boat.