PM5 firmware 16 - interval problem?

Maintenance, accessories, operation. Anything to do with making your erg work.
harrinp1
Paddler

PM5 firmware 16 - interval problem?

Post by harrinp1 » January 20th, 2015, 5:34 pm

Hi

I have just received a Model D with PM5 and started with Pete's Beginner Plan.

I'm only on the second work out of week 1 but had issues with the interval workout on the PM5. I set up a interval distance for 500M and 2min rest but after rowing the first interval the timer failed to countdown just remaining at 2:00r. At first I assumed it didn't count down and just changed when the rest period was over but soon realised this wasn't the case!

After 3 failed attempts I gave up and just had a try at my first 2k which wasn't too great at 8:24.

I have updated the PM5 to firmware 16 to sync wirelessly with ergdata - not sure if this software is the cause of my problems or if I just did something stupid.

Thanks

Paul

dblinden
Paddler

Re: PM5 firmware 16 - interval problem?

Post by dblinden » January 20th, 2015, 7:21 pm

I have PM5 and v16. Did intervals today and multiple other times without incident. Without knowing what you did, it is hard to advise. On a lighter note, if the intervals are hard enough, you may be happy that the rest period lasts and lasts :)

Dennis L

Citroen
SpamTeam

Re: PM5 firmware 16 - interval problem?

Post by Citroen » January 20th, 2015, 7:53 pm

Send an email to rowing@concept2.com with details of firmware etc from the hardware product id page, with details of what workout you're rowing, whether you can reliably re-create it and anything else you think might be relevant.